Thursday 24 February 2011

New Paintings Feb 2011




Silver on the Tree
Top row (l-r) Cyfarfod, At Blaen Cwm II & Lord of the Wildwood

 Four paintings of mine that will be exhibited at The Lion Street Gallery, Hay on Wye as part of their opening exhibition. www.lionstreetgallery.co.uk
I haven't mentioned that music is an integral part of the painting process. I play music constantly whilst I paint and thought it would be worth mentioning the artists I'm listening to whilst the work is being executed. I tend to use Spotify to access music and I now have a mixed play list totalling 11 hours. My music taste varies from folk to rock with bits in-between. I have quite eclectic tastes, although I draw the line at  opera, which tends to bring out violent traits.
The paintings above were created with the following background music;
Midlake  'The Courage of Others' & 'The Trials of Van Occupanther'
Joni Mitchell  'The Hissing of Summer Lawns'
Foals 'Total Life Forever'
Mary Lou Lord ' Martian Saints!'
The Gentle Good 'Dawel Disgyn'
Amos Lee 'Mission Bell'
David Sylvian 'The Secrets of the Beehive'
Bon Iver  'For Emma , Forever Ago'
Junip 'Fields'

No comments:

Post a Comment